LA RIVE GAUCHE
Paris – The Left Bank is the heart of Parisian culture, the soul of learning and the meeting place of intellectuals. “The streets sing, the stones talk. The houses drip history, glory, romance.” – Henry Miller.
- Take in river views from the favorite meeting place of painters, poets and lovers.
- Discover the secrets of Left Bank élan – charming hotels, chef’s bistros, artists’ haunts, vintage shops & designer boutiques.
- Soak up the atmosphere at the traditional French (market) Marché de Buci.
- Imagine life as a medieval monk behind the thick, stonewalls of an ancient abbey.
- Admire gothic gargoyles, stained glass, flying buttresses and heavenly murals.
Duration: 5-7 hours
Difficulty: Easy, Moderate, Demanding
Best time to walk: Weekday, Weekend, Evening, Morning
Price: $2.99 US