Rome the Vatican – with religion at its heart, history in its soul and priceless art in its coffers this is the world’s smallest country.
- Stroll through Piazza San Pietro wrapped in Bernini’s majestic colonnade.
- Stir your soul in the Basilica – it’s a treasure house and triumph of architecture.
- View Michelangelo’s Pieta, the only work he ever signed.
- Explore the grottoes beneath the basilica – lined with the tombs of the popes.
- Get the best city views from St. Peter’s statue-lined rooftop.
- Discover the secret passageway of the popes – the Passetto.
Duration: 3-4 hours
Difficulty: Easy, Moderate, Demanding
Best time to walk: Weekday, Weekend, Evening, Morning
GET THE APP