From the city’s greatest art gallery to its most eccentric art patrons the Dorsoduro is refined, artistic and always charming.
- Capture the beauty of Venice & the Grand Canal from the Accademia bridge
- See the world through Venetian art – true masters of light, movement & colour.
- Slip on a pair of furlane, the velvety Venetian slippers worn by gondoliers.
- Visit Peggy Guggenheim’s palazzo filled with modern masterpieces.
- With flaming red hair and cat-green eyes hear tales of the most scandalous woman of her day. Did we mention the pet cheetahs and nude servants?
Duration: 2-3 hours
Difficulty: Easy, Moderate, Demanding
Best time to walk: Weekday, Weekend, Evening, Morning
GET THE APP