“Dear old Venice has lost her complexion, her figure, her self-respect; and yet, with it all, so puzzlingly, not lost a shred of her distinction.” Henry James
- Explore the “illuminating” world of Venetian art.
- Hear tales about the house that kills and stories of the occupants who met untimely deaths.
- Visit the Customs house, which for centuries stood as the gateway to the port of Venice.
- Follow the zattere, a promenade along the southern shore and see the city’s oldest squero, a boatyard for building gondolas.
- Take time to rest in a quiet, forgotten corner – let the silence reawaken your senses.
Duration: 6-7 hours
Difficulty: Easy, Moderate, Demanding
Best time to walk: Weekday, Weekend, Evening, Morning