When in Venice let your senses prevail for all logic will be lost. From San Polo & Santa Croce and all the way through the Cannaregio wander off the beaten track and down tucked-away backstreets. Feast your eyes on fine old buildings crumbling in glorious Venetian decay.
- Stroll the old red light district where shuttered windows conceal secrets of centuries past.
- Walk through the secluded Jewish Ghetto, once surrounded by gates and guards.
- Spooky and silent but not forgotten – hear tales of Venetian ghosts.
- Wander through thefamous Rialto where bankers, brokers and merchants conducted their affairs by day andrendezvoused with courtesans by night.
- Encounter enchanting canals, charming bridges and imposing palazzos.
Duration: 5-6 hours
Difficulty: Easy, Moderate, Demanding
Best time to walk: Weekday, Weekend, Evening, Morning
GET THE APP